Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday.

Thursday.  In theory, Thursday is a glorious day - it is our last day of cases for the week!  Most of us FYs go to bed on Wednesday night after LT, smiling - as much as we have all, in some way or another, come to love and depend on our LTs, we don't have to see them again until Sunday.  Five hours and ten minutes of class tomorrow, and then we are free! Will I have time to go to the gym? To run errands? To catch up on my school work? Maybe even time to get ahead for next week? Perhaps a dinner that isnt a frozen meal!? Oh, the possibilities! And then comes Thursday morning…

I woke up this morning, walked out to my Ivy Gardens* balcony and basked in the sun for a few minutes still dreaming of the possibilities of my day. Then my iPod buzzed (I am one a proud owner of a "dumb" phone - but a few years ago I did buy an iPod Touch). My email was buzzing to remind me of my schedule for the day:

8:00-9:25am - Accounting
10:00-11:25am - Decision Analysis
11:45-1:10pm - Leadership and Organizations

My homework is done, I can handle this...especially if I crouch low during Decision Analysis.  And then came the punch:

1:30-3:00pm - Career Management Class
3:00-4:30pm - Tutoring/Q&A session (we have exams next weekend)
4:00-5:30pm - Darden Farmers Market (multitasking - grocery shopping and some socializing?)
5:30-6:30pm - Career Panel on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
6:00-8:00pm - Darden Cold Call (almost weekly social gathering of the entire Darden Community by the DSA**)
7:00-9:00pm - Section C Party at a section-mates house (hosted by him, his wife, and their 2 year old)
9:00pm onwards - TNDC***

Thank god it's Thursday?...well, if nothing else, welcome to a typical Darden day!

* Ivy Gardens: think of your freshman dorm complex - except you have your own apartment (with a balcony!).  A large proportion of Darden students choose to live in Ivy Gardens / Huntington Village, as they are the two closest complexes to the school.  Weekdays - well, you are never alone walking to or from school (not a morning person - better watch out!).  Weekends - house party central.
** DSA: Darden Student Association (our student government)
*** TNDC: Thursday Night Drinking Club

No comments:

Post a Comment