Monday, September 6, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I never thought I would start a blog.  And I actually don't believe I am starting one right now...so instead of a blog, let's call this my attempt to stay sane through the rather crazy life I have recently embarked upon...

What crazy life, you ask?  Isn't it still summer?  What's going on?  Shouldn't I be enjoying the long weekend at the beach?  False. 

In fact, today marks the one-month anniversary of my arrival to the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia.  A few short (long...) weeks ago, I arrived in Charlottesville, and three weeks ago, I started my MBA.  As I look over the whirlwind experience of the last month, there are a few things I already know about my Darden experience:

1)  Pizza will become a staple food group in my life, much to the disappointment of my mother.  From club meetings to career panels to Learning Team (LT) take-out, Dominos, Papa Johns, and Mellow Mushroom: you seem to appear at the most crucial moments of my day, and for that, I am grateful.

2)  Between studing, exercising, sleeping, eating (well), relaxing, socializing, and being involved in extra-curricular activities, success is defined by completing two, maybe three (if it's a weekend), of the aforementiond tasks in any given day.  Oh how I miss you, sleep and television...

3)  I cannot imagine a more caring group of people supporting me through the next two years.  The people within these four walls have blown me away with their intelligence, passion, and genuine concern for the students.  Coupled with the academic rigor, fabulous (and throroughly entertaining) professors, myriad of personalities in my First Year (FY) section, "Dardenisms" and never-ending list of things to do and get involved with, the Darden Experience is quickly proving to be one be one life's best.

4)  Caffeine is wonderful.

And with that, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment